On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 10:30:04PM -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 21:57:56 -0500,
>   Bruno Wolff III <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Going from 17007 to 17008 was a quick update to wesnoth-1.ogg. Going from
> > 17008 to 17009 involved downloading a fresh copy of wesnoth-1.ogg under
> > its new name. So this problem appears to be dumbness on the part of svn.
>
> I didn't see the efficiency of rename listed as an issue by the svn project.
> The closest issue is making rename a real function rather than D+A.
> Just to make sure I am going to join their users list and try to get the
> issue on their tracking system.

If I understand correctly you are complaining that after a rename and a
minor change to the renamed file users having an older copy of the
working copy need to fetch the full file instead of only the delta
relative to the old file, right?

According to http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/CHANGES:
Version 1.4.2
dramatically speed up commit of wc-to-wc copy (r21471)

Version 1.4.0 also contains "numerous working copy improvements" by
using a new data file format in .svn/ (no XML any more) and using an
improved delta algorithm.

I strongly suggest to test the new version. (It fixed also at least one
major problem I reported :-)

Jens