On Tue, Apr 24, 2007 at 09:45:06 +0200,
  Jens Seidel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If I understand correctly you are complaining that after a rename and a
> minor change to the renamed file users having an older copy of the
> working copy need to fetch the full file instead of only the delta
> relative to the old file, right?

Yes, though my latest test suggests that even after a rename without a
minor change this also is a problem.

> According to http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/CHANGES:
> Version 1.4.2
> dramatically speed up commit of wc-to-wc copy (r21471)
>
> Version 1.4.0 also contains "numerous working copy improvements" by
> using a new data file format in .svn/ (no XML any more) and using an
> improved delta algorithm.
>
> I strongly suggest to test the new version. (It fixed also at least one
> major problem I reported :-)

I'll take a look at this. I am running the version that comes with Fedora
Core 5 right now, which appears to be a pre 1.4 development version. Fedora
7 has 1.4.3 and I'll be switching to that at home soon.
In the meantime I can look at building a copy from source, but your comment
about meta data format changes suggests there may be some pain in that.