On Wed, Apr 25, 2007 at 00:01:04 +0200,
  Jörg Hinrichs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Python 2.4 / 2.5 is compiled with a microsoft runtime dll that needs to be
> redistributed. Redistribution requires a legal installation of Visual
> Studio.Net 2003.

I doubt that that is compatible with the GPL.

It might be worth someone looking into building python 2.4 using a
different compiler. I started looking at this a long while back, and
it didn't seem like an easy task for me. Some of you have more experience
building software under Windows and it may not be as difficult a task for
you.