I second this suggestion - it allows sufficient freedom to express
meaningful content, since anything that would push us into an R
rating would be very awkward to try and express within wesnoth.

Furthermore, it offers an extremely large body of work to act as a
"legal precedent," per se - we can look at general examples of things
in movies to judge whether something is appropriate/inappropriate.
Obviously, there have been gross inconsistencies in how the MPAA has
applied their ratings, but they've done a reasonably good job, as
well as any human beings could be expected to.

That is to say, it greatly clarifies what is/isn't appropriate, so
that we'd be less likely to repeat this inane discussion (is this the
third time this has rolled around? Fourth? Thirtieth?).