On Thu, May 24, 2007 at 12:59:40PM +0200, David wrote:
> Using Boost just for the filesystem would be a nuke, but if we subsequently
> encourage developers to use more parts of it in other areas of the code this
> doesn't hold anymore. :-)

The parsing code was rewritten by silene in 2005; he was one of the
core Boost constributors at the time.  I'm sure he would have been
very happy to have had Boost as a dependency.  This would also allow
big chunks of code to be simplified and replaced with more robust
versions from the library (the file system code being one such area,
parsing, graph reachability and matrix manipulation being others).

However, at the time, IIRC the additional resource requirements seemed
prohibitive so this wasn't pursued.  It might be worth checking how
much overhead Boost adds with someone who has solid experience with it.

-- [EMAIL PROTECTED]