Alexander Neundorf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> I would even prefer if you ask before you decide for one or the other :-)
> The blog you referenced consisted of mostly anchorless rants, which I already
> replied to each of his points.
> I'd happily discuss the issues which you consider weak points in cmake.

One is the recipe syntax.  I have difficulty trusting the internals of
any language-like tool in which the surface features of the design look
so ugly and verbose.

A bigger one is that I think the two-level design -- cmake making makefiles --
must inevitably have many of the same fundamental weaknesses as autotools,
Imake, and other makefile-generator systems.  I am intimately familiar with
these and want to get away from that approach.  As far away as possible.