* jeremy rosen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2008-02-26 15:29:49 CET]:
> I am writing this here because I am not sure of our status wrt the
> UBUNTU linux distribution

 It's not too hard to check - rmadison from the devscripts package is
your friend.

> Ubuntu Hardy Heron is planned for end of April, and is currently in
> feature freeze.
>
> since 1.4 is not out yet, they will probably ship  1.2... a month after
> the 1.2 server has been shut and we stop supporting it. Not really a
> good situation.

 They can't propably ship 1.2, because they already contain 1.3.19:

#v+
$> rmadison -u ubuntu -s hardy wesnoth
   wesnoth |  1:1.2.8-1 | hardy/universe | i386
   wesnoth | 1:1.3.19-1 | hardy/universe | source, amd64, powerpc
#v-

> I think we should apply for a freeze exception now, or once 1.4 is out,
> but I am not sure what process to follow

 I have contact to some ubuntu people too, will query them with respect
to this, but as 1.3.19 is said to be compatible with 1.4 (and I
expect/hope that the version check code for the server does know about
that?) there shouldn't be too much problems even if they won't follow
the 1.4 upload? Besides, I know nothing about how their freeze actually
works.

 So long,
Rhonda