On Fri, 2008-02-29 at 12:30 +0100, Nils Kneuper wrote:

> Regarding the first post 1.4 dev release:
>
> I plan to at least wait 6 weeks with this. That is to give you some time to
> add
> all your new and shining features in there, which are likely to break things.
> know that 1.5.0 will probably be rather broken due to the new stuff...

I would like to add a clarifying point to this: while we know that
adding features is much more likely to introduce bugs than not adding
features, during Wesnoth's development we have always tried our best to
make *every* release as stable as possible. This approach has worked
well, often leading to development releases being more stable than
'stable' releases.

We should continue this. The team has done a tremendous job of making
1.4 as stable as possible. We should try to stay as close as possible to
this ideal, attacking bugs aggressively and trying to keep our bug count
as low as possible. We should not adapt an attitude of "oh well lets
slam in lots of features and not worry about the bugs until later".

David