I like that, if you are carefull of a couple of caveats, that might be
the best rpoposal we had for expanding the editor in a long time

* be VERY carefull that it should be impossible to mix and merge hand
written  and auto generated WML (keeping the two file split we have
already)
* be VERY carefull to separate the user made content from mainline...

apart from that, I like the idea