Well, there is already a dev release out there, so ppl can use the plugin :)

Or, are you are talking about using the plugin in "production"?

Timotei

On 12/7/2010 14:50, Guillaume Melquiond wrote:
On 2010/12/7, Nils Kneuper wrote

Now the longer term plans:
If Wesnoth is participating in GSoC 2011, then a new stable version
should be released before it. Otherwise, the next release won't happen
before mid-2012. Why? Because GSoC will presumably introduce
disruptive changes, as it always does. Let's take ANA as an example.
We are at the end of the year and it works only "okayish", as you
describe it (disabled on server? disabled on Windows? disabled on
Mac?). It will still take a few months to get it fixed, assuming it
ever gets fixed (think MP lobby, for instance). Let's be pragmatic:
the same phenomenon will happen next year, and in late 2011 the system
won't be any stabler than it currently is, pushing the release of 1.10
to mid-2012. In other words, that means a stable release every two
years.

If there is no GSoC next year, then there is no trouble delaying a
stable release, in my opinion. It's just unfortunate for the Eclipse
plugin, since it requires a dev release to work.

Best regards,

Guillaume