As far as the Whiteboard goes, it's mostly functional and problem-free.
There are a few windows-only bugs (reported by Anonymissimus and somewhat
confirmed by Timotei) that have proved hard to squish, however. I'll to
address them during the Christmas vacation or in early January. I don't know
exactly which combination of compiler/windows os they affect though: 1.9.2
whiteboard works fine on my windows 7 machine.

Apart from that I think the Whiteboard needs more polishing to the UI before
it can considered a sufficiently non-intrusive replacement for "delay shroud
updates". Not many people seem to have tried it yet, despite my (admittedly
light) advertisement on the forums. The best would be to have it's network
part ready (that's kind of the killer feature) before the next stable
release, but I think I'll need help to achieve that since my next university
term will be rather heavy, as was this one.

Gabba