> We can get into legalities, but why? The only reason we'd want to get into
> legalities is as a last resort if (1) there are Wesnoth contributors (i.e.
> copyright holders of some of the stuff that will be included in what Ben
> will distribute) who object in principal to this form of distribution; (2)
> we can't come to any kind of agreement or compromise with them.
>
> I personally think Ben's proposal to distribute on the app store is
> patently
> reasonable, as it seeks to further distribute Wesnoth to more users. I do
> hope that Wesnoth contributors will agree and support this. I could see
> Wesnoth as being either free or cost a small fee.
>
> David

Some of us did have legal concerns about the App Store when the iOS port
came about. I think it's justified to ask for a review of the terms of any
kind of distribution which can have problematic terms vs the GPL.

Also I would like to ask of what the outcome of the IRC discussion ended
up being? from what I can recall we did not reach a consensus and I
haven't heard anything since then.

Recently VLC was pulled from the App Store:

http://apple.slashdot.org/story/11/01/07/2341227/Apple-Pulls-VLC-Media-Player-From-AppStore

Hogne