On 14.01.2011 12:05, Karol Nowak wrote:
On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 8:47 AM, christopher hopman<cjhop...@gmail.com>  wrote:
I've stated this previously on IRC, but let me repeat what my stance
on this issue is: I'd like Wesnoth to be easily available to as many
users as possible, and I'm willing to overlook the license violation
as long as it's distributed with a clearly displayed notice informing
where to get (1) sources and (2) licence-conformant free build. With
these in mind, I'm not against distributing Wesnoth in any kind of App
Store, *but* uncapped 10% of income for being The First To Upload
Wesnoth To App Store seems unreasonable.

100$ account fee could be easily covered by Wesnoth project itself.
I'm sure there are people who would happily donate bandwidth for the
uploads as well.

As such I see very little added value in this proposal (from the
project's perspective), unlike the case of  the iOS port.

I agree completely.

Considering amount of work I can understand iPhone version being sold for 5$. But that's certainly not a case now. I believe that Wesnoth should be available in Mac Store for free, and, if needed, we could cover developer's expenses (mentioned 100$).

Bartek