Dear List,

This is somewhat a followup on emails from a few months ago.

I was testing some changes to the unit map / animation system on master
branch, and during this process I discovered a bunch of strange bugs
related to the whiteboard. However, when I bisected them, I found that they
were not introduced by me, but rather had been on master branch since at
least new years of 2014, and affect afaik the entire 1.11.x series. (Full
report on the bug tracker.)

I have now made a pull request to *fully disable* the whiteboard on the
1.12 branch. The reason being, we are hoping to release 1.12.0 soon, and
from the last time we discussed this, it seems no one wants to work on
these issues. In the last thread, I thought the planned moves were working
and it was just attacks that were buggy, but actually the planned moves are
buggy now as well, both in terms of the graphics displayed, and also
apparently in terms of the game logic results.

I find it odd that no one reported these bugs before now, but at the same
time it doesn't surprise me terribly. It would be good if someone could
reproduce them on 1.11.15, however, before any action on my proposal.

Anyways, please speak up, anyone, if you have any plans to work on these
problems, otherwise I guess I'll merge the pull request in a few days.

Best Regards,
Chris Beck