I modified SDL_gpu's CMake files to nicely integrate into Wesnoth's build
system, so that solution would require extra work besides setting up a mirror.
I don't think it's worth the effort considering that SDL_gpu's presence in the
repo is hoped to be temporary.

---- On Mon, 30 Jun 2014 18:24:31 +0200 Timotei Dolean
<timotei_c...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote ----

  Hi Lipka,

 Wouldn't it be better to just use a submodule for the SDL_gpu library instead
 of merging it in our source code (history)?

 I see SDL_gpu uses svn on google code, but we could setup a github mirror. I
see
 some had success asking the Github team to setup themselves an automatic
 mirroring system [0] altough that was based on git, not svn.

 [0]
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11370239/creating-an-official-github-mirror

 Timotei