On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 16:10:41 -0400,
 chris beck <beck...@gmail.com> wrote:

I don't remember whether we reported the segfault to the gcc maintainers,
but regardless, since there's apparently nothing we can do to debug gcc and
stop it from crashing, I think we should actually upgrade the project gcc
build requirements to version 4.8. (Or maybe 4.7, I don't know right now
what is the actually the minimal version that doesn't crash.)

4.7 got an update just over a month ago, so it is likely that version will work. 4.6 hasn't gotten an update in over a year now, so that branch may be unsupported now. (I did a quick look around, but didn't see any convenient listing of which gcc branches are still getting support.)