Just to respond to this:

>And are you sure it is the same on other platforms like say when compiling
for
arm?

My knowledge of the problem is:

1) It affects linux mint 16, when I installed gcc 4.6 on my machine when it
originally happened, just to see it for myself
2) It affects whatever vm system travis uses
3) It affects what system anonymissimus uses, which I believe is windows?

I don't know if it affects arm but it seems that gcc 4.7 is also capable to
compile for arm? Part of the reason I emailed the list was to check if
anyone is currently building with gcc 4.6 successfully and needs to
continue doing so -- if I remember correctly, you are currently using gcc
4.8, Ivanovic?

Best Regards,
Chris Beck