  From: Charles Dang <exodia...@gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, July 31, 2016 09:56 AM
To: dev-talk <wesnoth-dev@gna.org>
Subject: [Wesnoth-dev] Moving bug tracker to GitHub
I intend to migrate any open bugs from our tracker on GNA to our GitHub repo's
built-in issue tracker soon. GNA's interface is ancient and clunky, and
maintaining a separate tracker is unnecessary effort. It also can lead to
situations where new developers may not be able to do anything but submit new
bugs if they aren't added as contributors to the GNA project, not to mention
having to create a whole new account or have their bugs submitted anonymously.
Using GitHub  would also allow for better and easier collaboration and
management of bugs.

In the past, it was argued that GitHub doesn't have sufficient attachment
support. That is no longer the case. According to this  help article, they now
support:

PNG (.png)
GIF (.gif)
JPEG (.jpg)
Microsoft Word (.docx), Powerpoint (.pptx), and Excel (.xlsx) documents
Text files (.txt)
PDFs (.pdf)
ZIP (.zip, .gz)
This should be sufficient.

There was also some talk before about hosting our own Redmine tracker. In my
opinion, this would be more unnecessary maintenance overhead for little gain.

If anyone has any opposition to this, or wishes to suggest an alternative, do
reply here.

Thanks,
Charles Dang (Vultraz, Community Manager)