Dear Fr Rofino,

Thank you very much for all the fforts you have made atleast to asseble a team.
As Charles Draecabo has said being able to compose the team and that the team
was able to meet is itself a big step forawrd.

However in order to be even more focused and in order not to start moving in
circles i would think we be systematic and buid on what we have already done.
So far a problem has been identified which is that there is a persistent
decline in students' performance in schools in West Line which is creating a
gap between West Nile and other regions of the country. We would like to get to
the root causes of the problem with a view to solving the probem and ensuring
that performance improves in schools.

A lot of very useful ideas have aleeady been put forward by members of this
forum. I recall you were asked to offer leadeship which you have effectivelty
started. Mr Alaka Caleb was asked to draft terms of reference for the task
force, it appears he has not been able to do that, given he is a practicing
lawyer. That seems to be the probblem. Without draft terms of reference we may
not meaninful contribute beyond what we have been doing so far.

I have followed the discussions that have been going on very closely and
printed out all the mails people have been sending on the subject. I have
filled one whole box file. As a task force you need to have a secretary who
can keep tracking all the discussions and keeping records of these discussions
so that we do not lose these useful ideas people are contributing. In fact, a
summary of the discussions would have generated the terms of reference we are
looking for. The task is there for some one, probably Mr Alaka himself to sit
down, read through all the discussion that has been going on, summarise the
discussions to come up with terms of service which can be tabled for further
input from members. It would be easier for us to discuss a draft than start
thinking together to generate a draft in an open forum.

Otherwise thank you very much for the far you have reached with the work of the
task force. The journey will be long but am glad we have started the journey.
Let's continue to talk the walk as we walk the talk. May God bless you and the
team.

Thank you

Sam Andema
University of British Columbia