Bwana Ogua Vasco. Your idea of the scope of our work in the task force has
tickled me. UPE is problematic. However, some parents in some regions have made
critical interventions like charging some small additional fees, provision of
packed lunch or roasted potatoes or even sugar canes. The unfortunate matter
with our people is that they imagine that UPE is free, they are not bothered
about the day to day progress of their pupils, the pupils take one meal in a
day. I think we should as you have rightly opined look at our primary schools.
Probably we may eventually change the negative attitude of our people towards
the strategic interventions. I will be in Arua on Wednesday to attend the next
meeting of the task force