Hi Sam, Okuni,

To an extent I agree with Caleb in that if we leave MASU as is, then you Sam
and the Calebs are not going to have your siblings or even children
subscribe to this - you will even find it difficult to call your self an
ancestor yet you belong to "Matego" district and probably have an
association of your district as MMSU or something like that. Arua district
now is a smaller thing (The politicians have messed it up for their own
gains and we can't do much about that now, however we can work from what we
have and still stay together and guide the younger generation together
because we know we are one - regardless of those lines they draw across
rivers called borders to separate us. The younger generation might not
understand this because ever since they started to understand issues they
have found themselves coming from, Koboko District, Yumbe District, Matego
District, and who knows soon Madi Okollo District and not the original Arua,
the one we the older generation belong to.

However Caleb I also think the Lugbara name might alienate some ethnic
groups like Madi (as Okuni said I am a Madi too).

We therefore need to review these issues and come up with an association
that takes care of the bigger old Arua regardless of tribes.

Thanks.

Rogers Anguzu

  _____