From: ogu...@hotmail.com
To: westnilenet@kym.net
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 12:14:08 -0400
Subject: [WestNileNet] Re: Maple Tree

Ma adripi Joel,

Thanks for the practical experimental research you have conducted on Maple Tree
seeds that were sent from Canada. Having lived in Canada for quite sometime and
having also had some little knowledge on agro-climatic conditions viable for
the germination and growth of plants, I am not sure if an equatorial climate is
a suitable environment for the these Maple trees. Based on my observation from
both the US and Canada, I tend to see that most of the maple tree are found
above 33 degree North of the Equator as such you find that in Africa, it is
only some parts of North Africa where you can get some species of the maple
trees.  I think that Maple trees are suited for temperate climates not
equatorial climates, i may be wrong in this view.

Since the seeds experiment has failed, may be the next alternative would
probably be to try the some cultivars (vines) of the tree. I am not sute how
long a maple cultivars (vines)would last if transported by some one travelling
home.

Here are a few links where you can get some information on Maple Trees though
they may be exhaustive in the information provided.

http://www.maple-trees.com/

http://www.aboutmapletrees.com/

http://www.treehelp.com/trees/maple/maple-types-red.asp

Thanks for your successful experiment.

Vasco Oguzua

New! Hotmail sign-in on the MSN homepage.