Banduga,

This is useful information because the impression I got from Arua the last
time (not long ago) I was there was that WENRECO would make you pay twice
for the poles if you privately arranged it.

Now this is getting somewhere. I think that plan of running the main lines
to different parts of the urban and semi-urban centres would be a welcome
idea. At what stage is this?

Thank you.

Ejiku

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 8:40 AM, banduga ismail <bani...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I have just talked to a staff (one of the team leaders) of Wenreco in
> Arua about this. According to him, if one obtains poles privately, then you
> will need to engage a private individual or firm to fix the poles and run
> the line (wires). However, this private firm or individual needs to do this
> with the full knowledge of Wenreco i.e. fill in some forms at Wenreco
> offices. Wenreco will then come to connect your premises to the power line
> at a cost of 246,400 UGX. This cost is basically the cost of the meter box.
>
> He also says there is the power extension plan that they are currently
> working on to extent power to many areas in and around Arua. In this plan,
> Wenreco will run the main lines and individuals will then meet the cost of
> connecting the premises to the main lines. This will still require
> individuals to pay for poles depending on how far or near your premises is
> from the main line.
>
> As Ejiku asked, yes it is a practice Wenreco reluctantly seems to allow.
>
> Ismail

Ejiku Robert,
Group Manager,
Igara Growers Tea Factory Ltd,
P.O. Box 110, Bushenyi
Office Tel:+256-772-700-797,
Mobile:+256-772-522-619, +256-702-522-619
Office e-mail: ig...@iwayafrica.com,
Personal e-mail: ejikurob...@gmail.com.