From: christine munduru <cmund...@yahoo.com>
To: A Virtual Network for friends of West Nile <westnilenet@kym.net>
Sent: Fri, Sep 17, 2010 11:54 am
Subject: Re: [WestNileNet] Electricity Poles

Dear all,
I think this has come timely. It is time for putting our agenda to those
running after our votes. Voters need to have an agenda for the politicians who
are now hungry for  votes. So what is our agenda as Westnile forum in this
political season. These politicians must be put to task to debate issues that
affect voters, not just come to tell us the usual lies and we give our votes!
People must be told what government owes them  and they demand for it through
their leaders and this is the right time. Development starts by having good
leaders and if we dont have the right leaders this election period then we
should forget about the development agenda that we are pushing. I remember when
the issue of returning money came up, how everybody had somebody to blame. This
is the time for weeding those in elective posts who are non-performers. And we
need to task them with development issues to prove their worth.

Many times we allow certain things to happen as if they are normal, buying
poles individually means formalizing this rotten system, is this what we want
to do? why dont we expose this and the responsible people come to explain. Now
if you buy substandard items like George has rightly explained and your whole
family is burnt in the house due to poor connection or substandard connection
items, whom shall we blame. What about those who are unable to buy the poles
but can afford to build their house and pay electricity bill.
We have indentified a problem, I thought we could use a collective effort to
put it to order instead of resorting to individual solutions. If Wenreco is to
buy the poles, let them do so and if the issue is costs let us advocate
collectively for reduction so that many people can be able to buy. Resorting to
buy it individually from private firms or directly is not a long term solution
according to me.

We are not using the strength we have as westnile community to solve such
issues. We are very good at organizing social gatherings but with such issues,
it is a problem i dont know why but it is really very unfortunate.

Christine