Dear Westnilers

In this week my heart leaps with great sorrow because of what happened to
our brothers and sisters on the lake and the road in Metu sub county.

Dom Helder Camara (a non violence activist) said “When I give food to the
poor, I am called a saint, but when I ask why the poor don’t have food, they
called me a communist”. In a similar way I know that when I say I will pray
for the deceased they will say a good priest, but when I will ask why these
people have died when it was not their turn, they will say I am of the
opposition.

The killing of innocent people by the police institution which is meant to
protect them is unacceptable. This should call for a peaceful
demonstration/march. Without waiting for the journalists to do coverage
(which may not do justice to the situation)! Then our photo journalists can
report with photos.

I congratulate the women in Entebbe who showed courage and civility in
making the authorities listen to them! I congratulate the IGP (Kale
Kayihura) who showed his ever readiness in coming on the ground to
understand the situation and walking a step further by going to Arua.

Lets willingly contribute ideas to the IGP (through the team that will visit
him) so that lives and property of Ugandans, especially West nilers be
better protected.

God bless West Nile!!!

believed to be clean.