Dear All,

The plight of this teenager in Nebbi is something that we all need to do
something about as people who have a heart for humanity. I was so much touched
when i read in the newspaper of yesterday that the 28 year old grandmother is
now conteplating taking this baby to the Village.

Ladies and gentlemen, just imagine, a family that was living in a rented house
that costs 6,000= per month, now thinks of living this home and goes to the
village; how is the condition in the village? What kind of house is there in
the
Village? how do they feed? what is the distance to the nearest health facility
in that village? what are the sources of water availabe in the village? Most of
all How far is this village to the Town in case of any emergency situations?
Are
we not talking of this family trying to go and languish in the village and so
that people forget about them?

I strongly support the idea of making contributions towards helping the family
but, instead of talking of Financial Assistance only, we would rather talk
of any kind of help. poeple can give clothes, soap, food items, money, anything
that can help this family.

As for me, I am going to sell this idea to the members of the Lions Club of
Arua
to mobilse some help from them and we shall inform the organisers of our
contributions in the shortest possible time.

Finally, i would like to agree with the poeple who propose that we should
deliver these items to the family directly rather than going through the
Red Cross Society.

Alfred Oyo.