Dear Christine and Vasco

Thanks very much for the wonderful thoughts shared about the health week. We
have considered many of the issues/ suggestions raised and think this being one
of our first activities, presents us with opportunity to learn more from this.

I think the need
 for partnership to strengthen service delivery to the community can not be
underscored. I personally participated in some of the community sensitization
activities of Science cafe andgot to appreciate the power of the cafe to
mobilize and engage large numbers of community members to take up such
services. I believe there is still room for us to collaborate during the health
week and subsequent activities.

As you may notice, in addition to the core activities of screening for cancer,
HIV and hepatitis B, we shall also carry out routine check ups for other health
conditions as well, including diabetes and hypertension. This requires adequate
mobilization of the community but we still have an uphill task to achieve this,
given the short time left.

I implore the local leaders to help in mobilization of the people to come and
take up the services that will be offered.

Thank you,
Aldo