17/03/2016

As a nation we can be better. In fact Uganda has to continuously improve.
While citizens are seeing to it that the economy is growing, the politics
has to mature at the same pace or faster.
The alternative is to remain wallowing in infested political stagnation.
It isn't the Supreme Court that will solve the political tensions,
animosity and discord. In fact chances are the country might end up even
more polarised at the end of the ongoing petition.
So we have to look beyond the important events currently taking place in
court.
If it's ok with everyone, I offer to soon make public a tentative unity and
reconciliation draft roadmap. One that all the recent presidential
candidates can discuss together. My hope is thst they can come to their own
common resolution, all smiles, shaking hands, and with a solid, wholistic
and progressist outcome for Uganda ready for implementation. I call on
Ugandans to publicly offer their own ideas as well, so that our leaders can
see what concerned citizens suggest for the country. Most people are
already saying "Let them meet, talk and see how to work together. That way
we come out of the political impasse as a united, better democratic nation".
Isn't it clear that what we need most today is pragmatic, wise solutions?

Hussein Lumumba Amin
Kampala, Uganda