While there is no doubt that many, including myself, have learnt a lot from
bro Hussein's writings, we have at certain point in time over the last few
years encouraged him to channel some of the enormous energy he has towards
other more tangible projects in west nile. Given his great research skills
and writing abilities, for example, helping start community newspapers in
would greatly help in providing young people -- graduates - internship
opportunities where they would learn not only how to write but other skills
such as project mgmt, etc etc..

Honouring Amin by Museveni? Not in a million years!!!  am more inclined to
believe that even when the Good Lord calls Museveni back to heaven, he
(LORD) will have to erect a permanent electrical fence between Amin and
Museveni as Museveni will more likely be looking for opportunities for a
good fight with Amin. Even though GOD will remind Museveni that he  owes
 his presidency to Amin's taking power from Obote, Museveni will have none
of that, instead, will continue with the intense hatred he developed for
Amin here on earth!

As you may all know, the people who should have been held responsible and
actually pay for the construction of Arua airport are the Arabs. It was
them who brought friction between the Israelis and Amin which led to
kicking out of the Israelis. The arabs should have been made to complete or
pay for the completion of the projects the israelis had started and not
completed! Besides the Amin family, we do have people in westnile and made
who could use their connections with the arab world who could remind them
about projects that the israelis did not complete because they promised
Amin heaven if uganda cut off relations with israel and joined the arab
world instead.

Having said all the above, the responsibility to construct and elevate Arua
airport to international levels lies squarely on the uganda govt. it is
common sense that bringing Arua airport to an international level will
boost the economy of the region manyfold. It is a question of ensuring the
region does not have direct airlines with the outside world...something i
attribute to backwardness, tribalism etc as the senior decision makers have
no interest in developing our region other than their won regions. The
Kenya and Canadian govts understand the importance of linking their
countries internationally for economic reasons that is why they have built
international airports in more than one city. Their airports were NOT built
to honour their past leaders BUT were renamed to recognize those leaders.

 For us ugandans, we have to wait for the british to come and tell us to
allow international flights to fly into Arua or other airports besides
Entebbe. I remember years ago when I had a conversation with a senior
NRA/UPDF officer and the issue of Arua airport not being upgraded to an
international airport crept into the conversation. When I asked him why the
govt wasn't upgrading the airport, his answer was that they did not want
the airport to be used to ship in guns from abroad for west nile rebel
groups!!!!!

my 2 cents...