Dear Cliff,

Sorry for the silence, organising an event probably what we would call a
meeting of minds event is not difficult, I have made a living from doing this
but there has to be measurable motivation from the members of the community for
such an event to the level that they are willing to put some time and money
into it (I would not ask to be paid for this, I would give me technical skills
and some limited time) for venue, water, food & any direct cost items.

We could use what is called the round table process to reach a viable regional
strategy as follows;

1.       Round table workshop (Presentation of existing development
initiatives, discussion on coordination & optimization of efforts etc.)

2.       Strategy & implementation plans

3.       Ownership of activities (who does what and who is responsible for what)

4.       Funds & sustainability

If this is feasible we can start the planning, these issues require serious
commitment from members, I cannot therefore commit without the serious
motivation and participation of significant players such as politicians, civil
servants, business community, NGO’s, Diaspora and others (elders … etc)

Richard