I would like to express my utter contempt for the malicious efforts by
journalist Giles Achebe to try and incite tribal hatred through publishing
vicious lies and inflammatory "Fake news".
I urge him to focus on ethical news reporting instead.
My father Amin never used anyone's name to gain cheap political capital or
for political survival. So please keep him out of your lies, opportunism
and vile tribalism.
I remind the Byanyima's that they were one of the beneficiaries of Amin's
patriotic policies to uplift the economic well being of indeginous Ugandans
when they benefitted from one of the nationalized Asian properties in
Mbarara town. That is how their late mother (RIP) became the first modern
businesswoman in Mbarara (1974). Mzee Byanyima used to pick supplies for
that business from Kampala. I know the family from where he used to buy his
supplies. That business paid for the childrens education including  Winnie
who would go to study aeronautical engineering abroad with assistance from
the Amin government. A policy to train and empower young Ugandans
regardless of tribe or religion and help particularly women to access
technical and senior management positions.
But because of a few peoples skewed politics that lives on lies and
demonization against Amin, they will not mention the good things he did for
them, and which clearly helped them get where they are today. This level of
ungratefullness is staggering to say the least.
But whether it is from the Acholi's or the Bahima, there should be no
wastage of time or space on tribal violence except to condemn it. Something
which reporter Achebe is obviously clueless about.
It is quite unfathomable to find so-called "educated elites" maliciously
breeding hatred and enemity on tribal grounds and packaging it as a serious
newsworthy item. Sadly this country is clearly still grappling with denial
and tribal disunity since 1979. However this time we can clearly see the
people behind that ignorance-loaded agenda. Now they cannot claim that "it
is Amin".
I call on all Ugandans to condemn the sudden flaring of "Acholi Vs Bahima"
tribalism around the Akena-Kanyamunyu case. I also call on both the Acholi
politicians and the Kanyamunyu extended family to let the judge, the
lawyers and the prosecutors do their job without further incitement from
any sides. In the spirit of de-escalation, we should all probably withdraw
from this case and let only the immediate relatives on both sides (plus
maybe the honest press in public interest), continue the follow up of
judicial proceedings as the law take its course.

For God and My Country.

Hussein Lumumba Amin.
Kampala, Uganda