I am not exactly up-to-date with the very latest from parliament regarding
the now infamous "Oil Handshake" investigation.

However, I would quickly advise those involved to put aside the political
bureaucracy, and first establish the legality of the presidential directive
that approved the reward request and authorized its payment. (See
attachment)

If the directive was legal, isn't it "case closed"?

Because the other activities would then be more about technicalities and
the related accounting acrobatics to implement that directive.

Let us agree that no matter how disturbing the matter is, by law there is
nothing illegal in requesting for a reward.

It is the approval and payment that has to abide by the prescribed laws.

The Constitution of Uganda, specifically Article 99 (1) states: "The
Executive Authority of Uganda is vested in the President and shall be
exercised in accordance with the laws of Uganda."

So while it is important to investigate administrative compliance, what
matters most is the directive. Was it lawful?

If yes, then let the people of Uganda be shown the exact "laws of Uganda"
that it was implementing.

Mr. Lumumba Hussein Amin
03/02/2017