First of all. Please wrap your lines at column 72 !!!

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I am trying to set up an automated mirroring of a small part of the NAI ftp server.
> The small part is just the directory of the antivirus updates.
> I tried to download the directory by automated ftp scripts (something like mget *.*)
>but that means lots of waste, so I decided to try wget.
> I found the port to windows of the version 1.6 so I just put the executable in a
>directory and tried to mirror a directory from a local ftp server here: it was ok.
> Then I prepared for the real mirroring, I just typed "wget -S
>ftp://ftp.nai.com/path/" and I noticed that at the end of the log, wget was trying to
>download index.html while there was no reference to that file in the .listing, so I
>had a look at the whole log using the -d option (and the attached file is the result
>of that operation).

That's all what you're asking for: the listing of files in that
directory. wget converts it to a html index.

You most likely want to do something like:
$ wget-dev -S -d -r -l 1 -np
ftp://ftp.nai.com/pub/antivirus/datfiles/4.x/*
or
$ wget-dev -S -d ftp://ftp.nai.com/pub/antivirus/datfiles/4.x/*

That's it: retrieve all files referenced in the directory listing of
/datfiles/ or retrieve all files in the /datfiles/ directory.

Note that there seems to be an FTP parsing bug in wget 1.6 wrt MS FTP
server. This has been fixed in the 1.7-dev branch. Again look at the
web-site for instruccions (http://sunsite.dk/wget)

$ wget-dev ftp://ftp.nai.com/pub/antivirus/datfiles/4.x/*
--23:08:16--  ftp://ftp.nai.com/pub/antivirus/datfiles/4.x/*
           => `.listing'
Connecting to ftp.nai.com:21... connected!
Logging in as anonymous ... Logged in!
==> SYST ... done.    ==> PWD ... done.
==> TYPE I ... done.  ==> CWD pub/antivirus/datfiles/4.x ... done.
==> PORT ... done.    ==> LIST ... done.

    0K -> .

23:08:25 (54.00 KB/s) - `.listing' saved [1106]

Removed `.listing'.
The sizes do not match (local 33580) -- retrieving.
--23:08:25--  ftp://ftp.nai.com/pub/antivirus/datfiles/4.x/41054106.upd
           => `41054106.upd'
==> CWD not required.
==> PORT ... done.    ==> RETR 41054106.upd ... done.
Length: 109,312

--
Med venlig hilsen / Kind regards

Hack Kampbjørn               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
HackLine                     +45 2031 7799