I tried to run compile wget with the ssl support under cygwin.
$ Makefile realclean
$ Makefile -f Makefile.cvs
$ ./configure --with-ssl
$ make
But I got a bunch of undefined references like:
/usr/lib/libssl.a(ssl_lib.o)(.text+0x585):ssl_lib.c: undefined reference
to `BIO_s_socket'

If I changed the Makefile to link with crypto first
LIBS = -lintl -l crytpo -lssl
them it compile fine.

Now since Makefile is an autogenerated one, I looked where to fix this.
After trying a couple of things I ended changing the order of the
AC_CHECK_LIB for crypto and ssl in configure.in:

  AC_CHECK_LIB(crypto,main,,ssl_lose=yes)
  AC_CHECK_LIB(ssl,SSL_new,,ssl_lose=yes,-lcrypto)

I'm not sure that this is the right solution (FAIK it might break things
on other platforms) or that is fixed the right place. So if someone on
the list with more knowledge about crypto and ssl can help here I will
try it out.

--
Med venlig hilsen / Kind regards

Hack Kampbjørn               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
HackLine                     +45 2031 7799