Chunks wrote:

> I am attempting to retrieve all subdirecties on a specific host. It appears that the
>host is not using a standard FTP service as using a standard (win32) FTP client
>(CuteFTP) I will not get a visible directory listing. However, when using FTP
>straight from the command line (Win2k machine), it works without any problems (ls,
>dir, get, all work fine.)
>
> I enabled debug, logged it, and it seems the wget is successfully viewing the
>directory tree, yet for some reason (permissions?) it is not recursively entering
>these directories. The error looks as follows:
>
>        0    Feb-21-2001  14:37:20   xxxxxxx.yyy.zzz   <DIR> UNKOWN; perms 0;
> Skipping.
>
> and this is what appears for all directories in the tree. The user I am logging in
>with definitely has permissions (I am able to down load files manually or by telling
>wget to retrieve a specific file by name, just not all files.)
>
> The tail end of the log, if this helps, is as follows (IP's and file names changed
>=)  ):
>
> --------
>
>        0    Feb-21-2001  14:37:26   xxxxxx.yyy.zzz   <DIR> UNKOWN; perms 0;
> Skipping.
>  --15:20:10--  ftp://blah:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:21/blah/
>            => `10.10.10.10/blah/index.html'
> ==> CWD not required.
> ==> PASV ...
> --> PASV
> 227 Entering Passive Mode 10,10,10,10,4,1
> Will try connecting to 10.10.10.10:1025.
> Created fd 412.
> done.    ==> RETR  ...
> --> RETR
> 501 "" is a directory, not a file
>
> No such file `'.
>
> Closing fd 412
> Closing fd 384
>
> FINISHED --15:20:10--
> Downloaded: 0 bytes in 0 files
>
> --------
>
> I did RTFM, and the links to any mailing list archives I could find were broken.
>Please accept my apologies in advance if this is something covered elsewhere. Perhaps
>ignoring permissions will take care of it?

How come then that you didn't find this message:
http://www.mail-archive.com/wget@sunsite.dk/msg00326.html
At least the last remark is revelant in your case: "And please, in the
future include debug output when reporting problems !!!". If you had
followed it I could tell if you're dealing with MS's so called "FTP
Server" or not.

> I am running GNU Wget 1.5.3.1, win32 compilation and have also tried wget 1.5.3
>linux compilation with identical results.

BTW the latest release version is 1.6. And the web-site is at
http://sunsite.dk/wget

--
Med venlig hilsen / Kind regards

Hack Kampbjørn               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
HackLine                     +45 2031 7799