Quoting Chunks ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):

> I did RTFM, and the links to any mailing list archives I could find
> were broken. Please accept my apologies in advance if this is
> something covered elsewhere. Perhaps ignoring permissions will take
> care of it?

Could you tell us which links were actually broken?

> I am running GNU Wget 1.5.3.1, win32 compilation and have also tried
> wget 1.5.3 linux compilation with identical results.

As Hack already suggested, try using the latest CVS version - it may
solve your problems. If not, please send us a complete debug ouput so
that we can try to fix what is broken.

-- jan

 Jan Prikryl        | vr|vis center for virtual reality and visualisation
 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | http://www.vrvis.at