On Wed, 7 Nov 2001, Hack Kampbjørn wrote:

> Well, Daniel Stenberg maybe you should try to get your cURL
> implementation accepted.

AFAIK, there's no one around to "accept" any fixes or contributions right
now. I've even emailed Hrvoje with my own views, that he should open up the
CVS to let more people have write access. I'd suggest that we cough up a few
people that would be willing to shoulder that responsibility and that they
get in touch with Hrvoje to sort things out. I'm not talking mutiny, I'm
talking joining up behind the team leader, showing and offering support.

Anyway, if I would write down a patch for this, would the -T timeout value be
the one to use even for connects? "set the read timeout to SECONDS" doesn't
quite sound like what we want here, we want a "set the connect timeout to
SECONDS"... but would we want to introduce yet another option?

> It's bad when other packages maintainers are more active on the list that
> Wget's 8-(

The fact that I maintain curl, or that I am active here too is really not the
problem. The problem here is the lack of a Hrvoje stand-in.

I'm active in numerous other free/open projects as well.

--
      Daniel Stenberg - http://daniel.haxx.se - +46-705-44 31 77