> From: Michael Jennings [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> Obviously, this is completely your decision. You are right,
> only DOS editors make the mistake. (It should be noted that
> DOS is MS Windows only command line language. It isn't going
> away; even Microsoft supplies command line utilities with all
> versions of its OSs. Yes, Windows will probably eventually go

Please note the difference: all windows versions include a command line.
However that commandline afaik is not dos - it is able to run dos
programs, either because based on dos (win 9x) or because capable of
understanding the difference between w32 commandline programs and dos
programs, and starting the neccessary dos *emulation*. But it is not
dos, and the behaviour is not like dos.
As far as I know, windows command line programs do not use ^Z as
end-of-file terminators (although some do honour it for
emulation/compatibility), only real dos programs do (anybody knows if
there is a - MS - standard for this ?). If this is true, should wget on
windows really emulate the behaviour of dos programs, of a environment
windows originally was based on but where it is *not*running*anymore*
(wget I mean) ? From a purists point of view, not. From a end-user point
of view, possibly in order to facilitate the changeover.
On the other hand, your report is the first one I ever saw, considering
Hrvoje's reaction and the lack of support in the original windows port
I'd say this is not a problem generally felt as important, so personally
I'm in favor of not cluttering up the port anymore with special
behaviour. But it is Hrvoje's decsion, as always.
If you feel it is important write a patch and submit it, shouldn't be a
major piece of work.

Heiko

--
-- PREVINET S.p.A.            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
-- Via Ferretto, 1            ph  x39-041-5907073