-

Obviously, this is completely your decision. You are right, only DOS editors make the
mistake. (It should be noted that DOS is MS Windows only command line language. It
isn't going away; even Microsoft supplies command line utilities with all versions of
its OSs. Yes, Windows will probably eventually go away, but not soon.)

However, I have a comment: There is simple logic that would solve this problem. WGet,
when it reads a line in the configuration file, probably now strips off trailing
spaces (hex 20, decimal 32). I suggest that it strip off both trailing spaces and
control characters (characters with hex values of 1F or less, decimal values of 31 or
less). This is a simple change that would work in all cases.

Regards,

Michael