On 4 Apr 2002 at 13:21, Robert Mücke wrote:

> So it seems to be important to correct this behaviour. I think you only need
> to set up a test site (maybe with some subdirs) containing one file with
> an errorous href="????" tag to reproduce this (maybe only in parts
> depending on your server configuration).

I couldn't reproduce this with wget 1.8 and a local Apache server
(but I didn't attempt to reconfigure Apache in an attempt to
reproduce it).

A few recursive retrieval bugs were fixed in wget 1.8.1. Is it
possible for you to test that version? (You may want to limit the
recursion depth and the maximum amount to download if repeating the
test!)