Dear Ian,

> I couldn't reproduce this with wget 1.8 and a local Apache server
> (but I didn't attempt to reconfigure Apache in an attempt to
> reproduce it).
>
> A few recursive retrieval bugs were fixed in wget 1.8.1. Is it
> possible for you to test that version? (You may want to limit the
> recursion depth and the maximum amount to download if repeating the
> test!)

I found out that there have to be more circumstances fullfilled in order
to reproduce this bug. I have a local copy of the website where it
occurred, and it seems necessary to have nearly all the files in the
web server dir, not only the corrupted one(s). I tested wget 1.8.1 and it
worked well, without the bug.

Regards, Robert