This could be a great resource, but (I hate to say this) it has been rendered
more trouble than it is worth by the stubbornness and stupidity of the owner.
 He has turned a deaf ear to all pleas to do something, ANYTHING, to stop the
flood of spam, viruses and annoyances posted to the list.  This is the one
and only mailing list that still maintains this policy, which worked in a
now-passed, more innocent age.  Because of that policy, this is the only list
which bombards me with junk email.

In order to preserve the ability of some hypothetical people who cannot be
bothered to subscribe in order to post bugs, he is ruining this list for
everyone who does have the interest/intelligence to subscribe.

wget is a great tool.  I will continue to use it without support, because
getting support is more trouble than it is worth.

The "good riddance" is not aimed at the terrific people who volunteer their
time to answer questions.  It is aimed at (1) the spammers who have ruined
this list and (2) the idiot list owner who has let it happen and refuses to
do anything about it.
--
Jim McMaster
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]