>Note that the standard workaround for this problem, which is now even
>documented in the manual, is to use the `-i -' option.  For example:
>
>wget -i -
>http://user:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/directory/file
>^D
>
>But I agree that's just a workaround.  I'm now more open to the idea
>of introducing a prompting feature.  The worst case scenario is that
>any page whatsoever can stop recursion by sending a WWW-Authenticate
>header and causing Wget to prompt, long after the user has left the
>keyboard, confident that the download is in progress.

Hi,
under linux where are two ways,
1. Using .netrc wich should be safe if the .netrc file have safe permisions
2. Wget can alter the ps display like sendmail do ist to hide the
command line
- if not grsecurity or else apllied unter /proc/<PID>/cmdline other user
can get maybe this information.

Cu Thomas