Greetings.

  I read many emails in different archives on the net regarding my isssue, but never
found a solution to my problem.  Here is the description:

  I am trying to mirror an ftp site though and http proxy.  I have the following
setting on both my RH machine running wget 1.8.2 and Solaris machine running wget
1.5.3 (actual /etc/wgetrc file is the same on both machine and I do not have ~/.wgetrc
on any of the machines):

http_proxy = http://proxy.hostname.com:80/
ftp_proxy = http://proxy.hostname.com:80/
use_proxy = on

  Ok, proxy.hostname.com is not the real URL I use, but believe me that the one I am
using is the right one.  The port numbers are valid and only port 80 is opened, thus
both http and ftp request most go through port 80.

  Now, when I run say:

    wget --mirror -np --cut-dirs=2 ftp://ftp.ox.ac.uk/pub/wordlists/

  On my RH machine running wget 1.8.2, only the index.html file is downloaded.  On my
Solaris machine running wget 1.5.3, all the files under pub/wordlists get downloaded.

  Anybody got a clue what the problem is?  Is it that wget 1.8.2 is more compliant to
a standard and my proxy is bogus and I am just lucky it works with version 1.5.3?  Is
there a configuartion parameter missing in my /etc/wgetrc?  Or is it a known problem
with version 1.8.2?  I am a newbie with wget, so the mistake is probably on my side,
but I cannot figure what it is.

Regards,
Hans Deragon