* Mr. Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [030718 14:56]:
> I am running the wget (freeware batch web scraping) program on the NTP time
> server at http://132.163.4.101:14
> and can not scrape this site. I have tried with the proxy setting both on
> and off but I get the following error code.
> ( wget -Oh.txt -Yoff http://132.163.4.101:14 ) gives
> Connecting to 132.163.4.101:14... connected!
> HTTP request sent, fetching headers... done.
> 22:23:21 ERROR -1: Malformed status line.
> I have 2 questions:
> 1: even if the ntp site above has no html headers etc, why doesn't this
> work?
> 2: how can I make it work.

GNU Wget is a [1]free software package for retrieving files using
[2]HTTP, HTTPS and FTP.

 [1] GNU Wget is free software, not freeware, see the page below to
 learn the difference :

 [2] GNU Wget only retrieves files using HTTP, HTTPS and FTP. Your date
 server is likely to use NTP, so wget can not connect to it to retrieve
 the date. You can use ntpd or ntpdate to connect to this server.

Ni.

--
Pouvez-vous faire confiance à votre ordinateur ?
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/can-you-trust.fr.html