Suhas Tembe wrote:

> 1). I go to our customer's website every day & log in using a User Name &
> Password.
[snip]
> 4). I save the "source" to a file & subsequently perform various tasks on
> that file.
>
> What I would like to do is automate this process of obtaining the "source"
> of a page using wget. Is this possible?

That depends on how you enter your user name and password. If it's via using
an HTTP user ID and password, that's pretty easy.

wget
http://www.custsite.com/some/page.html --http-user=USER --http-passwd=PASS

If you supply your user ID and password via a web form, it will be tricky
(if not impossible) because wget doesn't POST forms (unless someone added
that option while I wasn't looking. :-)

Tony