Daniel Stenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Wed, 5 Nov 2003, Hrvoje Niksic wrote:
>
>> Is it me, or is there something really strange going on with
>> libtool? I tried updating Wget's libtool, but libtool 1.5 is
>> *still* unavailable from the GNU FTP site and its mirrors.  It
>> points to a "BACK-RSN" type of file that explains how they've been
>> compromised, and so on.
>
> It must be something that has happened recently, as the 1.5 version
> used to be around on all the GNU mirrors.

I'm not sure this is that recent, unless there was a new compromise I
never heard about.  As for the mirrors, well, they're mirrors -- they
just picked up the new file, which happens to be a symlink.  (Which is
just as well because they would have happily picked up the compromised
version too.)

> In case it helps, I happened to find my own downloaded package lying
> around and I can offer it for download from here:
[...]

Thanks, but I got it off Debian.  Although I suppose I could pick it
up and compare it with what I got "just in case".