On Sun, 9 Nov 2003, Hrvoje Niksic wrote:

> One thing that might break (but that Wget doesn't yet support anyway) is
> NTLM, which seems to authorize the *connections* individual connections.

Yes it does. It certainly makes things more complicated, as you would have to
exclude such a connection from the checks (at least I think you want that, I
don't think you'll be forced to do so). And you also need to exclude
HTTPS-connections from this logic (since name-based virtual hosting over SSL
isn't really possible).

curl doesn't do such advanced IP-checking to detect existing connections to
re-use, it only uses host-name based checking for connection re-use for
persistant connections.

> Does curl handle NTLM?

Yes it does since a while back. I am willing to donate NTLM code to the wget
project, if you want it. I'm not very familiar with the wget internals so they
wouldn't be a fully working patch, but a set of (proved working) functions to
be integrated by someone with more wget insights. (It depends on crypto-
functions provided by OpenSSL.)

Otherwise, I can recommend Eric Glass' superb web page for all bits and and
details on the NTLM protocol:

        http://davenport.sourceforge.net/ntlm.html

--
         -=- Daniel Stenberg -=- http://daniel.haxx.se -=-