On Mon, 10 Nov 2003, Hrvoje Niksic wrote:

> I'm already treating SSL and non-SSL connections as incompatible.  But I'm
> curious as to why you say name-based virtual hosting isn't possible over
> SSL?

To quote the Apache docs: "Name-based virtual hosting cannot be used with SSL
secure servers because of the nature of the SSL protocol."

Since you connect to the site in a secure manner, you can't select which host
to get data from after a successful connection, as the connection will not be
successul unless you have all the proper credentials already.

> That's very generous, thanks!

I'll prepare a C file and header and post them in a separate mail. They will
need a little attention, but not much. Mainly to setup pointers to user name,
password, etc.

--
         -=- Daniel Stenberg -=- http://daniel.haxx.se -=-