--- Tony Lewis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Opera is doing special encoding for some
> types of web addresses and you hoped that
> disabling ALL encoding would somehow make
> wget do the same thing?

Disabling escaped octet encoding would work.
It does not seem unreasonable to HOPE (but
not expect) that disabling encoding for file
names would do that.

> If special encoding is required: 1) someone
> has to write the code in wget to perform that
> encoding

I agree with that (I could write it in Perl,
but I doubt that that would help much :) ).

> and 2) it has to be ENabled (not DISabled).

No, escaped octet encoding (the default for
most user agents) needs to be DISABLED (and
the actual character sent). I looked at Opera
some more, and in this case, it still only
sent one byte for this character (UTF8 uses
two bytes for anything not seven bit ASCII).

I can't argue with the fact that it worked
in Opera though, and I just want wget to send
(if I disable escaped ASCII encoding of high
bit characters) the unencoded URL. (exactly
as I type or paste it).